The market size of the global HVAC industry was $240.8 billion. By 2030, this number is expected to reach $367.5 billion.
Unfortunately, HVAC businesses and contractors also face many problems:
- A growing shortage of skilled HVAC technicians that existed even before the Great Resignation
- The costs of using new and environmentally friendly technology
- Increasing competition in the HVAC space
Facing these problems can be difficult, but a good HVAC logo design can make your brand stand out to both potential customers and employees. By giving a great first impression, a well-designed HVAC logo makes people want to learn more about your Heating and Cooling company.
You know, using services of an HVAC SEO company, advertising or marketing agency will help your company grow. However, your marketing will be ‘shot in the foot’ if you have crappy visuals representing your company. The sales results of your marketing campaigns will be very disappointing if the design of your HVAC logo, website, company color scheme is non-impressive.
Consider how your current HVAC company logo appears to your customers (and even your team of employees).
- How does your logo look on your website and business cards?
- What sort of impression (good or bad) is it having in your community?
- Why might your HVAC logo design, website look, other graphics and colors of your business be hurting your sales?
Here are 11 logo design tips for HVAC contractors:
1. Research HVAC Logo Designs Of Your Local Competitors
Before beginning a HVAC logo design project, research competitor logos and consider:
- How competitors use their HVAC logos on social media, flyers, websites, and elsewhere
- Whether it’s easy to remember after seeing it one time
- Anything about the logo design that’s confusing
- Your first impression
What are the Worst HVAC Logo Designs?
The best logo design for an HVAC company should capture your eye and make you want to learn more about the brand. Top logos leave a positive first impression, so you remember the logo long after seeing it.
The worst Heating and Cooling logos do the opposite. They fail to grab attention or leave a lasting impression. This is usually because they’re often complex, confusing, unoriginal, or just plain boring.
What are Some Clever Logo Designs?
Clever logos are often the best logo design ideas because they make a person think or feel something. This leaves a more lasting impression. Here are a few ways to make your logo for your home service company cleverer:
- Add hidden meanings
- Use colors to create positive emotions
- Feature a custom font for your business name
- Use cartoon icons to tell a story
Just remember to be original and keep things simple. A clever design for your HVAC contractor logo uses simple elements to maximum effect.
2. Consider All HVAC Logo Ideas In The Design
A logo is made up of a few different parts. Thinking about each is important. But also think about how all of the parts work together.
What are The Basic Things to Keep In Mind When Designing a Logo For Your Heating Ventilation And Air Conditioning Business?…
When designing a logo, there are a few things to think about, including:
- Keeping things simple
- Making the logo easy to remember
- Being original
- Using the best shapes and symbols in free or paid clipart
- Whether to include your business name
- What colors to use
- The ability to change the size of the logo
- How easy it is to use the logo in different places
Can You Actually Increase Sales From Your HVAC Logo Ideas?
Combining all your ideas for HVAC logo design in a simple and memorable way will help attract potential customers. While someone may not need HVAC services now, a good logo makes sure that they remember the brand when they do. By creating a logo for your Heating and Cooling business that sticks in people’s heads, you help them to remember your company and become future customers.
3. Keep the HVAC Logo Design And Clipart Simple
If you take anything away from this article, remember this: keep the logo simple. Minimize the number of colors, shapes, and other design elements you use. Don’t make someone have to struggle to remember your brand. This makes it easier to remember.
Look at how Apple’s logo has evolved from 1976 to the present:
Apple’s first design had a lot going on and was hard to remember. But when the company made things simple, the logo became easier to remember. Sometimes all you need is one shape.
4. Make Your Logo Worth Remembering
An original logo for your air conditioning and heating company makes your service stand out. It leaves an impression in people’s minds and helps them remember the brand.
Your HVAC business logo is more than just a picture your business uses. It’s the face of the company. If people see the logo, they should think of your brand. But if the logo is hard to remember, they may never connect it to your HVAC business.
What Makes A HVAC Contractor Logo Memorable?
Memorable logos are easy to remember. They stand out in a unique way. Simple Logos are easier to remember because they create an immediate reaction.
When people have a positive feeling when they first see the logo, they are more likely to remember it. Another way people remember is by thinking.
If the logo design of your HVAC service makes a person think or feel, they’ll be more likely to remember the logo later.
What Modern HVAC Logos Include Hidden Messages in Their Design?
One way to make people think and feel is with hidden messages, Amazon’s logo is one example:
There are two hidden messages here:
- The curved arrow is supposed to look like a smile and make people feel happy
- The end of the arrow starts at the “a.” It stretches to the “z.” This is done on purpose. It suggests that Amazon sells everything from “A to Z.”
Amazon’s logo is designed to create a positive feeling while making you think. Both of these make the log easier to remember.
Create Hidden Meanings with Negative Space
Amazon uses a shape to create a hidden message. The shape takes up space. Negative space is the unfilled space around the arrow and letters. Some brands use negative space to create hidden meanings.
Take the logo for the Guild of Food Writers:
By bending the lines within the tip of a pen, a spoon is created from negative space.
5. Get The Right Symbols And HVAC Logo Clipart To Support Your Investment In Marketing
There are a few things to think about when you choose the symbols you want to use in your logo:
- Use clipart in your HVAC logo design: Using a clipart HVAC logo helps keep things simple. Both symbols and shapes you need already exist as clipart or cartoon icons. If not, a professional logo designer can create them.
- Use symbols to represent your brand: Make sure your logo design shows off what your HVAC company does. Many HVAC companies combine symbols like the sun or fire to represent heating with snowflakes or a gust of wind to represent cooling. Just remember not to copy competitors.
- Be original: A person will need to see your logo five to seven times before they remember it. Be original in the design of your HVAC logo and branding. It should stand out. This makes it easier to stand out and easy to remember. It distinguishes you from the other guys in the mind of your local service area.
6. Create Variations of Your Heating Ventilation And Air Conditioning Logo Design
Many logos for HVAC companies have one main logo, but they create variations. For example, your main logo may include your business name. You may include this on your work vehicles, website header, or flyers.
But you may want to have a variation for social media. On most social media, the business name is displayed near the profile picture. If you include your logo here, you should make sure the main elements are visible. Removing the business name can help.
Having at least 2 or 3 logos for different purposes is a good idea. For each of these, make sure you have icons (JPEG or PNG) and vectors (SVG).
While icons contain the logo against a background, vectors contain just the logo. Icons are great when you need a background, but vectors are better when you just need to brand media on photos or videos you share on social media.
7. Find the Right Balance of Colors
About 95% of leading brands use one or two colors in their modern air conditioning and heating logo designs. You don’t want to use too many. Remember to keep things simple and learn from the experts.
Logo colors are carefully selected based on the needs of the brand and the effect on the viewer. Balancing colors might take some trial and error.
But don’t worry, we have a few HVAC logo design tips and ideas to help you out.
Start in Black and White
Before thinking about color, select your symbols or shapes. If you use more than one, try combining them in different ways to find what looks best.
If you choose to include your business name, make sure it fits with the rest of the design. Try out different fonts and placements.
You may even want to create a few designs in black and white. Then when you add color, you can see which ones are the most attention-grabbing.
What are the Basic Graphic Design Rules For Making An HVAC Logo in Color?
Colors create feelings and moods. By using the right colors, you help the viewer feel what you want them to feel. This is called the “psychology of color” and is one of the most important elements of logo design.Source
However, your colors must also reflect your brand and niche. Many designs for HVAC logos combine a warm color like red with a cool color like blue. Together, these show off the heating and cooling sides of the HVAC brand.
8. Make a Long-Lasting HVAC Business Logo
Homeowners want to trust the HVAC technicians they hire. This trust is built up over years of proven work. A logo comes to represent that work.
As a result, your HVAC logo idea may remain relevant for decades.
It becomes a well-known identifier of your business as a part of the community you serve. Even minor logo re-designs can receive harsh criticism from loyal customers and employees. Make sure to talk to your employees and current customers before changing a logo.
If sales begin slipping or employees or leaving, the logo might not be the problem. It might be something completely unrelated. But there are times when the brand needs an update to remain relevant to a new generation of homeowners and property managers.
Why Do Heating Ventilation And Air Conditioning Companies Change their Logos?
Companies typically change their logo to remain relevant to customers. This may involve significant internal changes within the company, but some logo changes are small and temporary.
For example, during the winter months, holiday elements like a Santa Hat or cartoon elves may be added to the logo. During Veterans Day or the Fourth of July, your logo icons might include the American flag as a background.
What Is the Purpose of Changing a HVAC Brand Logo?
There are several purposes for changing a logo:
- To remain relevant to current customers
- To attract potential customers
- To encourage skilled HVAC technicians to apply
- To identify the business
If your HVAC company logo design can’t accomplish these things, then it’s probably time to consider changing the logo. However, a drop in sales or applicants might be a sign of a bigger issue. Before redesigning a logo, make sure to talk to employees and customers. Make sure there’s not a deeper problem that needs to be solved.
Why Is There a Need To Change The Logo Of A Company When The Logo Design Is Amazing And Great?
A great and amazing logo makes people remember your business, but logos that were once amazing and great may not be anymore. When things get too old, people lose interest. Ideas for an HVAC logo that is amazing today may not be so great ten years from now.
9. Use A Flat Logo Design For HVAC Branding
Leading brands have begun embracing flat logo designs. These designs are simpler than traditional logos. They lack three-dimensional elements.
Why Are So Many Companies Changing Their Logos to Flat Designs?
There are many reasons why companies are changing their logos to flat designs:
- Flat HVAC logo ideas are simpler
- They can be used on social media more easily
- Vector and icons can be created with flat logos
- Including a business name is more natural
- Colors can be balanced more simply
What is the Next Big Logo Design Trend After Flat?
New trends in logo design are hard to predict. People have gotten used to simple logos. Complicating things with three-dimensional designs wouldn’t make sense.
However, that is what some HVAC graphic designers are calling for. Flat logos leave an immediate impression, but they may be too simple. They don’t draw people into the design.
Flat logos may be useful for well-established brands. Smaller and more emerging brands, however, may need to generate their own creative ideas to set themselves apart.
Logos may become more interactive. Icons and vectors might lose out to GIFs. The demands of mixed reality may force logos to embrace three-dimensional designs.
There are many theories about what comes next. We won’t really know until we get there. Right now, flat logos are trending. But following trends too closely is not recommended. Be original and try to incorporate flat logos with more experimental logo designs. Find what works best for your brand and use it.
10. How To Design An HVAC Logo That Works Everywhere?
Here are just a few places you might use your Heating and Cooling company logo:
- Social media profile pictures
- As a watermark on photos and videos
- Website headers and footers
- Work vehicles
- Company merchandise
- Employee uniforms
- Television advertising
- Magazines or newspapers
- Google My Business
Making sure your logo works in all of these places is important. If you can’t use your logo when you need it, it’s basically worthless.
The first step is creating a few different logos for your HVAC company. Then you need to make sure you have icons and vectors for each. Lastly, test them everywhere. Some logo designs may appear great on the side of your work van. However, they might look terrible when shrunk down for social media or a watermark.
Making sure you have a logo to use everywhere will probably require a little testing. You might have to make changes to larger logos so that they shrink properly. Fortunately, a professional HVAC logo designer (or graphic designer) can do all of this for you.
11. The Final Tip: Hire a Professional HVAC Logo Designer
While there are free logo makers, templates, clipart, vectors, samples available online, they are not recommended (if you’re seeking real business success). Many of these are limited in design. Hiring a professional HVAC logo designer or HVAC logo design company ensures higher-quality results.
What is An HVAC Logo Design Company?
While there are many general logo design companies, they don’t all specialize in HVAC branding. An HVAC logo design company or HVAC logo graphic designer agency is a business that provides logo design services for Heating and Cooling contractors. They understand the market space and generate designs to uniquely represent your brand identity. A highly specialized logo designer for HVAC companies will create a design template, colors, shapes, look and feel that’s scientifically proven (through HVAC market research) to increase response rates and sales.
A professional logo designer for HVAC contractors can help you:
- Ramp-up the amount of leads you get
- Increase the rate of leads converting to paid sales
- Help your company achieve more sales (and profits in the owner’s pocket) through proper branding Ramp-up the amount of leads you get
Should I Hire an HVAC Logo Designer?
Hiring an HVAC logo design company is a short-term investment with many long-term benefits:
- Time savings: You won’t have to do the work yourself
- Cost savings: The short-term costs of a professional logo prevent expensive redesigns
- Build Trust: A professionally designed logo makes the brand appear more trustworthy
- Increase Sales: Increasing trust in the brand generates more interest from potential customers
- Attract Qualified HVAC Technicians: Professional logos attract the best talent
How Can I Find a Good HVAC Company Logo Designer That Can Help Me Grow My HVAC Company?
To find the best logo designer for your HVAC business, look through the graphic designer’s portfolio. See if they’ve designed HVAC logos for businesses and contractors in the past. Ask them questions about their knowledge of the industry and see what HVAC logo ideas they have for your brand.
Top HVAC business logo designers and designs should be able to demonstrate their past success, answer your questions without hesitation. Any graphic design should be eager to share their Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning logo designs and samples with you. They should also have creative new HVAC logo ideas for you, so you get-more-sales and cannon-blast your company ahead of your local competition.
Want To Explore Getting A New Logo, Branding, Colors And Designs To Leap-Frog Your HVAC Competitors? — Schedule A Quick And Easy HVAC Marketing Strategy Session Right Now.